Skip to main content

You can buy most of this at Kroger's, I listed the pictures below. The idea is that you are targeting the gut, the microbiome to be exact. I am not going to list out all the studies but they have discovered that the right bacteria in the gut can change a lot of things including metabolic, neurological, immune responses, weight gain and many other things. 

Increasing the good bacteria such as bifidobacteria etc. can also suppress the bad bacteria which have been linked to numerous problems. 

There are products that you can buy on Amazon and these will also support the microbiome by giving the nutrients they need. 

Kroger's has the ones in the pictures below, you will find the Cleveland Kraut in the refrigerated section and so is the Kefir. Both of these are live foods meaning they contain the good bacteria. Sauerkraut as canned does not work since there are no live organisms.  You will have to experiment with the doses; I do a couple of tablespoons of the kraut and just a few ounces of the kefir. 

Doing too much may provoke a histamine release, insomnia is one of the issues I get with histamine release. I just stop taking for a bit and lessen the doses. It is likely that you might experience some gut changes which means you could go through some bowel changes both good and bad. Again, adjust the doses as needed. The time to "remodel" the gut has been suggested at 4 weeks, so a little patience should be practiced. If you get stuck, let me know. 

Cassava flour works alongside the ferments by helping produce some other beneficial bacteria. Dosage is usually 1 tablespoon. You can mix this in the kefir, mixing ground ginger is an interesting idea since ginger is very microbiome friendly and a very good antioxidant. 

Tazo Passion is also available at Kroger's and other stores. The Passion is a purple colored tea from the rich plant chemicals, these have been shown to support beneficial bacteria. Other red, purple or blues (blueberries, cranberries etc.) 

Reducing some processed foods should be helpful, high fructose corn syrup seems to be a disruptor of good bacteria and some of the more processed foods as well. Other plant fibers can be helpful such as oatmeal, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. These provide food for the healthy bacteria. 

Here are the products from Amazon that are very helpful:

Quali C ($17) - @2,000 mg per day - this is a pharmaceutical vitamin C that does not have unwanted additives. The vitamin C helps maintain good bacteria.

https://amzn.to/3GnyudY

Life Force Source Naturals ($25)

Very good multi with a wide swath of antioxidants etc. The nutrients will support multiple pathways including healthy bacteria.

https://amzn.to/4nriM25

Ultra Mag ($15) - I think magnesium benefits everyone and most people are suboptimal - this magnesium product has a multi blend of magnesium which is a good idea.

https://amzn.to/4l5AwhY


Kroger's has these products:

I like this version since it has red cabbage, beets and carrots. I think it offers a better profile that the other versions. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patrick Gut Environment

\ Keywords to use in further research, GALT, tight junction proteins, Mucin layer, microbiome in MECFS or Long Covid, Goblet cells.   It was great chatting with you the other day. I’ve put together this general overview, but as I mentioned, you’ll definitely want to do your own deeper research. This is a very complex, interactive environment, and you’ll naturally come across many different opinions about what’s happening. Most opinions tend to focus on single layers, but as I’ve discovered, these layers are highly interconnected and influence one another. I don’t want to oversimplify things, nor do I want to overcomplicate them. It takes time to truly understand the gut environment in its proper context. I’m also cautious about saying “do X and you’ll get Y,” because results are rarely that straightforward. When I introduce layered therapies, I look for subtle changes across a list of markers I track. That’s why I believe this should be approached with care and patience—though I’m ...

Caleb

I am constantly upgrading my protocols, which means I streamline. I went from taking individual supplements to revising this to a "container' idea, which means I think in systems rather than individual things. This is easier to manage. I will list my systems and how I approach this. I also have listed in terms of financial considerations, meaning I listed the most cost effective and best results.   Disclaimer: Keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose or to treat you So what I have listed out is what works for me and as a proper medical disclaimer you should discuss these treatments with your doctor. The video series will help understand the material better and I have additional information there. The videos could have been edited better if I had more time ;(. Thank you for your patience.    Video Series 1. B asic nutrients - this is foundational . I placed it at the number one spot . The reason for this is that my background was heavily into nutrients due t...

Gut environment

 OK let's go back over the scenario Somebody gets a gut bug that could be viral or bacterial and we're going to put in the context of either long COVID or MECFS Let's discuss what exactly happens of how the body begins to adapt to this insult p — let’s build this cleanly, structurally, and without drama. This is the core terrain‑mechanics model of what happens when someone gets a gut bug (viral or bacterial) and then develops a long‑tail condition like long COVID or ME/CFS . This is the architecture that explains why the system never fully resets . I’ll walk you through it in chronological order , layer by layer, so you can see exactly how the body adapts — and why those adaptations become the trap. ⭐ 1. The Initial Insult Terrain layer: immune activation, epithelial irritation, redox stress A viral or bacterial gut infection does three things immediately: damages epithelial cells strips mucin spikes inflammatory cytokines This creates: redox collapse increased permeabil...