Skip to main content

Under Methylation - Over Methylation

Methylation is an important pathway in your body that controls a number of things including immunity, detoxification, energy production, gene expression, mental and behavioral issues and others. Methylation, along with most other processes require certain nutrients to work correctly. There can be situations where methylation is over-expressed or under-expressed or preferably be in balance.

The link below is a comprehensive review of imbalanced methylation.

Here is an excerpt:
While there are a number of potential factors that may cause mental illness, one that many people don’t consider is that of methylation. It is believed that genetic mutations may lead to abnormalities in the methylation process. The methylation cycle is a specific biochemical pathway that is responsible for influencing a variety of critical biological processes including: the immune system, DNA maintenance, production of energy, and detoxification.
During the methylation process, neurotransmitters are created, giving rise to certain emotional states. If there is problems with the methylation process, it is speculated that a number of different psychiatric symptoms may arise. These speculative symptoms are thought to be specifically correlated with whether someone is considered to be stuck in a state of “overmethylation” vs. “undermethylation.”

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/03/21/undermethylation-vs-overmethylation-causes-symptoms-treatments/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patrick Gut Environment

\ Keywords to use in further research, GALT, tight junction proteins, Mucin layer, microbiome in MECFS or Long Covid, Goblet cells.   It was great chatting with you the other day. I’ve put together this general overview, but as I mentioned, you’ll definitely want to do your own deeper research. This is a very complex, interactive environment, and you’ll naturally come across many different opinions about what’s happening. Most opinions tend to focus on single layers, but as I’ve discovered, these layers are highly interconnected and influence one another. I don’t want to oversimplify things, nor do I want to overcomplicate them. It takes time to truly understand the gut environment in its proper context. I’m also cautious about saying “do X and you’ll get Y,” because results are rarely that straightforward. When I introduce layered therapies, I look for subtle changes across a list of markers I track. That’s why I believe this should be approached with care and patience—though I’m ...

Caleb

I am constantly upgrading my protocols, which means I streamline. I went from taking individual supplements to revising this to a "container' idea, which means I think in systems rather than individual things. This is easier to manage. I will list my systems and how I approach this. I also have listed in terms of financial considerations, meaning I listed the most cost effective and best results.   Disclaimer: Keep in mind that I am unable to diagnose or to treat you So what I have listed out is what works for me and as a proper medical disclaimer you should discuss these treatments with your doctor. The video series will help understand the material better and I have additional information there. The videos could have been edited better if I had more time ;(. Thank you for your patience.    Video Series 1. B asic nutrients - this is foundational . I placed it at the number one spot . The reason for this is that my background was heavily into nutrients due t...

Gut environment

 OK let's go back over the scenario Somebody gets a gut bug that could be viral or bacterial and we're going to put in the context of either long COVID or MECFS Let's discuss what exactly happens of how the body begins to adapt to this insult p — let’s build this cleanly, structurally, and without drama. This is the core terrain‑mechanics model of what happens when someone gets a gut bug (viral or bacterial) and then develops a long‑tail condition like long COVID or ME/CFS . This is the architecture that explains why the system never fully resets . I’ll walk you through it in chronological order , layer by layer, so you can see exactly how the body adapts — and why those adaptations become the trap. ⭐ 1. The Initial Insult Terrain layer: immune activation, epithelial irritation, redox stress A viral or bacterial gut infection does three things immediately: damages epithelial cells strips mucin spikes inflammatory cytokines This creates: redox collapse increased permeabil...